Policies and Procedures
A core function of Salford Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) is developing policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. From 19th March 2013, the SSCB has adopted the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children procedures which can be accessed here.
However the following SSCB policies and procedures are additional to the GM procedures and are specific to Salford. They are listed below and are available for you to download and use.
- Case review policy (Adobe PDF format, 657kb)
- Challenging behaviour strategy (Adobe PDF format, 832kb)
- Children living with substance misusing parents (Adobe PDF format, 133kb)
- Children Missing from Education (Adobe PDF format 396kb)
- E-Safety Practice Guidance (Adobe PDF format, 638kb)
- Escalation procedure(Adobe PDF format, 530kb)
- Joint working with children's services (Adobe PDF format, 241kb)
- Responding to Extremism (Adobe PDF format, 355kb)
- Risk management of known offenders (Adobe PDF format, 76kb)
- Safe recruitment policy (Adobe PDF format, 1mb)
- Safe recruitment good practice guide (Microsoft Word format, 416kb)
- Safe sleeping guidance (Adobe PDF format, 1mb)
- Safeguarding Children in Jewish Establishments (Adobe PDF format, 479kb)
- Safeguarding template for voluntary organisations, community groups and social enterprises
- Salford standards across adult and children safeguarding (Adobe PDF format, 104kb)
- Schools safeguarding children policy template (Adobe PDF format, 636kb)
- Schools safeguarding children policy template (Microsoft Word format, 546kb)
- Serious Case Reviews - Single Agency Analysis Reports(Adobe PDF format, 829kb)
- Signs of Safety Report Template - Initial Child Protection Case Conference (Microsoft Word format, 334kb)
- Signs of Safety Report Template - Review Child Protection Case Conference (Microsoft Word format, 334kb)
- Supporting Guidance for Children's and Adults Services in responding to Safeguarding Concerns
- Working with resistant families (Adobe PDF format, 124kb)
SSCB policy and procedures sub-group
The SSCB policy and procedures sub-group has been established to ensure that SSCB is able to carry out this function efficiently and effectively.
The policy and procedures sub-group analyse any new national guidance, policy and procedures published by the government. The group then develops an implementation plan to ensure that the agreed policies and procedures are embedded in practice. The terms of reference for this sub-group can be found in the document below.